Thursday, January 3, 2013

1 New Year's Organizing Revolution

Alrighty, then. In with a bang. My first post in my ever-loving life but I need incentive to get my poop in a group. So my Week One project is this little office center I have created from a cabinet (it's a girl cabinet), given to me by a kind neighbor, and housing "miscellaneous" in varying places around the house. She needed some real purpose. So I gave I gave her a makeover and she seems a lot more content. Her outside is mostly unchanged but her inner beauty is magnificent.

The very top holds spare envelopes on either side of my sewing machine.


















Inside are office supplies. But the juicy parts? On the inside of each door, you can see wooden thingies holding my calendar and current project folder. Those are the slideout portions of an adjustable bamboo drawer organizer that I disassembled. I was able to fit the actual organizer into the drawer, but more on that later.


Okay so here she is with her arms wide open:


















A closeup view of her internal beauty:
a massive gel pen collection
b spare office parts
c phone books
d art supplies that I'm currently obsessed with
e files
f misc office
g home binder
h magnetic sign (that came off our upcycled support beams)
i letter-size paper
j envelopes sandwiched between glass jars containing... guess.

(How long do you think that beautiful bunch of pencils will look like that? We have seven kids.)

Inside the drawers: 
MORE! OFFICE! SUPPLIES!
But also school supplies, as that's the other purpose of her makeover.
















And lastly, the center part of the bamboo tray I talked about earlier. It lives in the other drawer and is stuck fast with those little round scrapping dots.



TIME: Maybe 6 hours, including finding the screws the kids I lost 7 or 8 times.
COST: NOTHING!

That's all she wrote! Please leave a comment so that I won't be sad.

A Bowl Full of Lemons

2 comments: